Bathing Suits For Women | Plus-Size, One-Piece Swimwear, Beach Coverups | Town Shop
Discover the Ideal Swimwear for Every Body Type: Explore Fashionable Swimsuits, Plus-Size Options, One-Piece Swimwear, Beach Cover-ups, and Beachwear to Suit Your Style.
Discover the perfect swimsuit for your next vacation or day at the beach with Town Shop's selection of swimwear. We offer a wide range of styles, including bikinis, tankinis, and one-piece swimsuits, in different sizes and colors to suit every taste and body type. Our swimwear is designed to provide the perfect balance of style and function, so you can feel confident and comfortable while enjoying your time in the water.
At Town Shop, you get to choose from different women's swimwear styles including bikinis, bikini tops, swim bottoms, tankinis, bra-size swimwear, mastectomy swimwear, dd swimwears, swim dresses, bandeau swimsuits, classic one-pieces and beach cover-ups. We are spotlighting America's most loved swimwear designers including Karla Colletto Swim, Miraclesuit, Shan Swim, Anita Swim, PQ, Paula Beach, Gottex, Carmen Marc Valvo, Profile by Gottex, Prima Swim, Empreinte Swim, Eberjey Swim and so many more.
So dive into our collection and find your new favorite swimsuit today!
How do I choose a swimsuit style?
Choosing the right swimwear style can be overwhelming, but here are some tips to help you pick a style that will be comfortable, flattering, and make you feel confident:
- Consider your body type: Start by considering your body type. Understanding your body shape will help you find a swimsuit that highlights your best features and downplays any areas you may be less confident about. For example, if you have an hourglass figure, a bikini with a high-waisted bottom may be flattering, while if you have a pear-shaped figure, a one-piece with ruching in the midsection can be slimming.
- Determine the level of coverage you want: Think about the level of coverage you are comfortable with. Do you prefer a one-piece, a bikini, or a swim dress? Do you want a swimsuit with a high-cut leg or more coverage on the bottom? There are many styles to choose from, so consider what you feel most comfortable in.
- Consider the activity you'll be doing: Consider the activity you'll be doing in your swimsuit. If you plan on swimming laps, a one-piece or athletic-style swimsuit with more coverage may be more practical. If you're going to be lounging by the pool, a bikini or a more fashion-forward swimsuit may be suitable.
- Choose a color and print that suits you: Finally, choose a color and print that suits your personal style and skin tone. Darker colors can be slimming, while bright colors and bold prints can add interest and draw attention to your swimsuit.
What are the types of swimsuits available?
There are many types of swimsuits available, each with its own unique style and design. Here are some of the most common swimsuit styles:
- Bikini: A two-piece swimsuit with a top and bottom. Bikinis come in a variety of styles, including triangle tops, bandeau tops, halter tops, and high-waisted bottoms.
- One-piece: A one-piece swimsuit that covers the torso. Plunge necklines, high-cut legs, and halter tops are among the many types of one-piece swimsuits.
- Tankini: A two-piece swimsuit that combines a tank top with a bikini bottom. Tankinis offer more coverage than a traditional bikini while still giving you the freedom to move.
- Monokini: A one-piece swimsuit that features cut-out sides, back, or front. Monokinis are a hybrid between a bikini and a one-piece and can create a striking and unique look.
- Rash Guard: A long-sleeved swimsuit top typically made of stretchy and quick-drying material that is designed to protect the skin from the sun, wind, and abrasions. Rash guards are popular for water sports such as surfing or paddleboarding.
- Swim Dress: A one-piece swimsuit that features a skirt or a dress-like silhouette. Swim dresses are often designed for women who prefer more coverage on their lower body.
- High-Neck: A swimsuit top that provides more coverage than traditional triangle or bandeau tops. High-neck swimsuits can be sleeveless or have sleeves, and they often feature interesting patterns or details on the neckline.
Which swimwear will flatter my body type?
Different swimwear styles can flatter different body types. Here are some general guidelines to help you choose swimwear that will flatter your body type:
- Hourglass figure: Bikinis with a high-waisted bottom or a one-piece swimsuit with a belted waist can accentuate your figure.
- Apple-shaped figure: One-piece swimsuits with ruching or a high-waisted bikini bottom can help slim your midsection.
- Pear-shaped figure: Bikinis with a bright top and darker bottom or a one-piece swimsuit with a pattern on the top and a solid bottom can draw attention to your upper half.
- Athletic figure: Bikinis with ruffles or frills can add volume to your bust, and one-piece swimsuits with cut-outs or a plunging neckline can create the illusion of a waistline.
- Petite figure: High-cut bikini bottoms and one-piece swimsuits can make your legs appear longer, while halter-neck swimsuits can help create the illusion of a longer torso.
Remember that these are only guidelines, and you should wear whatever makes you feel confident and comfortable. Don't be hesitant to experiment with different styles until you find the perfect swimsuit for your body shape.
How should I measure myself for a swimsuit?
When shopping for a swimsuit, it is critical to measure yourself to ensure the best fit possible. Here are the steps to measuring yourself for a swimsuit:
- Bust: Measure around the fullest part of your bust, making sure that the measuring tape is straight and level.
- Waist: Measure around the narrowest point of your torso, which is usually your natural waistline.
- Hips: Measure around the fullest part of your hips, making sure that the measuring tape is straight and level.
- Torso: Measure from the top of your shoulder, down over your bust, between your legs, and up to the starting point at the top of your shoulder.
Once you have these measurements, you can use the size chart provided by the brand or retailer to determine the best size for you. Remember that different brands and styles may have different sizing, so double-check the sizing information before making a purchase.
If you're still unsure about your size, many online stores provide sizing tips and recommendations to assist you in finding the perfect fit.
What swim accessories complement swimwear the best?
There are many swim accessories that can go well with swimwear, depending on your needs and preferences. Here are some popular swim accessories:
- Sunglasses: A good pair of sunglasses can protect your eyes from the sun and add a stylish touch to your swimwear look.
- Beach hat: A wide-brimmed sun hat can provide additional sun protection and keep your face and hair shielded from the sun.
- Beach bag: A beach bag can hold all your essentials, such as sunscreen, water, snacks, and a cover-up, and add a stylish touch to your look.
- Cover-up: A cover-up is perfect for transitioning from the beach or pool to other activities, and it can provide extra coverage and sun protection.
- Flip-flops or sandals: A comfortable pair of flip-flops or sandals can protect your feet from hot sand or rough pool decks and complete your beach or pool look.
- Beach towel: A soft and absorbent beach towel is a must-have for drying off after a swim and lounging on the sand.
- Waterproof phone case: If you want to stay connected while you're swimming, a waterproof phone case can protect your phone from water damage and allow you to take photos or listen to music while you're in the water.
Remember that these are only a few examples of swim accessories; you can always mix and match them to get the ideal combination for your needs and style.
How do I maintain the longevity of swimwear?
To maintain the longevity of swimwear, there are several steps you can take:
- Rinse after each use: Rinse your swimwear in cool water after each use to remove salt, sand, and chlorine. These elements can damage the fibers in the fabric and cause discoloration.
- Hand-wash: Machine washing can cause damage to delicate swimwear fabrics. Instead, hand-wash your swimwear in cool water with a gentle detergent.
- Avoid harsh chemicals: Harsh chemicals such as bleach and fabric softeners can damage the fibers in swimwear. Avoid using these products when washing your swimwear.
- Air dry: Avoid putting your swimwear in the dryer. Instead, lay it flat or hang it to air dry in a shaded area.
- Avoid rough surfaces: Sitting on rough surfaces such as concrete or wood can cause pilling or snags in the fabric. Try to sit on a towel or beach chair instead.
By taking these steps, you can help extend the life of your swimwear and keep it looking great for many summers to come.
What swimwear pieces/brands can I find on Town Shop?
TownShop.com carries one-pieces, bikinis, tankini swimsuits, bandeaus, cover-ups, plus size swimwear, resort wear, tummy control swimwear, maternity swimwear, bikini/tankini separates, plus size bathing suits, and mastectomy swimwear. To be beach ready without sacrificing comfort choose products from Karla Colletto, Marie Jo Swim, and Empreinte Swim. Contemporary brands such as PilyQ, L*Space, and Gottex are also available with us.
In addition to being inclusive of plus sizes, some of the top brands you can shop for are Miraclesuit, Anita Swimwear, Panache, Profile By Gottex, and others.
Is sustainable swimwear available at Town Shop?
Sustainable swimwear is made from eco-friendly materials that have a lesser environmental impact, such as recycled plastic bottles, organic cotton, and bamboo. Such swimwear is also produced utilizing environmentally friendly methods. You can lower your carbon footprint and support ecologically friendly methods in the fashion industry by purchasing sustainable and supportive swimwear.
Town Shop recognizes this and stocks brands such as L*Space, which uses recycled materials whenever feasible, and PilyQ, which provides a portion of profits to support the coral reef. Having said that, all of the brands carried by Town Shop are made to last from season to season, which has a significant impact on environmental welfare. So you can make environmentally conscious decisions while having fun in the sun.